Does Keto Diet Help in Losing Weight Easily
Nowadays people try many ways to lose weight or keep themselves fit. Some go to the gym, some do yoga, some pay attention to diet. Almost every person pays attention to his diet to keep himself healthy. If we talk about the diet plan, then there are many types of dieting in the present era. One of them is the keto diet, also known as the ketogenic diet. we will try to know about all the necessary information related to keto diet like – what is keto diet plan, what things can be in keto diet chart, what can be the benefits of keto diet etc. Not only this, if there are disadvantages of keto diet, then we will talk about that too. Therefore, read this article for all the information related to the keto diet plan.
First of all know what is keto diet.
In a ketogenic diet, people consume a low amount of carbohydrates, a moderate amount of protein and a high amount of fatty foods per day. This means that the body burns more fat for energy. It then breaks it down into ‘ketone bodies’ or ketones, in a process called ketosis. People on a ketogenic diet typically eat only 20 to 50 grams of carbohydrates per day. For example, consuming 2 slices of bread and a banana means consuming 50 grams of carbohydrates ( 1 ).
There are 4 types of ketogenic diets ( 2 ):
- Standard ketogenic diet (SKD) – In this, low carbohydrates, moderate amounts of protein and high amounts of fat are taken. It usually contains 70 percent fat, 20 percent protein and only 10 percent carbohydrate.
- Cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD) – This also includes high carbohydrate intake between ketogenic diet cycles. For example a ketogenic diet 5 days a week and a high carbohydrate diet 2 days a week.
- Targeted ketogenic diet (TKD) – In this, extra carbohydrates can be consumed along with exercise.
- High-protein ketogenic diet (HPKD) – In this, the consumption of protein is made more. Contains about 60 percent fat, 35 percent protein and 5 percent carbohydrates. Despite this, it is a high-fat diet.
Note: The standard ketogenic diet (SKD) and the high protein ketogenic diet (HPKD) are used extensively. The cyclic ketogenic diet (CKD) and the targeted ketogenic diet (TKD) have been in the news recently. Most of the bodybuilders or athletes include them in their daily routine.
Now it’s time to know the benefits of keto diet.
Benefits of Keto Diet Plan – Keto Diet Benefits in Hindi
- May be helpful in reducing weight.
- May be beneficial for type 2 diabetes.
- May be helpful in improving cholesterol.
- May be beneficial for reducing the risk of cancer or for the treatment of cancer.
- May be helpful in preventing Alzheimer’s.
- May be helpful in reducing the risk of epilepsy.
Know in the later part of the article the keto diet plan for keto diet for weight loss.
4 Week Sample Keto Diet Plan – Sample Keto Diet Plan in Hindi
Keep in mind that the keto diet chart here has been prepared as a sample. The ingredients and quantity present in it can be modified according to the advice of dietician and according to the age, need and health of the person. Not every person’s body and food preferences are the same, so it is possible to change these keto diet charts.
How can it be beneficial?
In the first week of the keto diet plan, there can be a lot of weight loss, because eating a low-carb diet flushes out excess water from the body. Not only this, excess sodium is also released from the liver. This can help in rapid weight loss. Excess ketones produced in the body are not stored, but are passed out through urine. Eat plenty of protein-rich and good-fat foods every day to boost metabolism and burn fat. Take 6 miles throughout the day. As mentioned in this diet low carb foods. Green vegetables, fruits and nuts can be included in the diet to nourish the body. This keto diet plan for weight loss prepared for a week can give energy to the body.
How can it be beneficial?
Like the first week, 6 meals are required in the second week also. Also, take herbal tea twice a day. Keep in mind that protein should also be consumed in the right amount. A minimum amount of carbohydrates is also necessary, so it is important to consume vegetables in the right way. Bulletproof coffee (coffee with butter) can also be taken instead of herbal tea. Bulletproof coffee is made by mixing butter, coconut oil and cream with regular black coffee. The body can get energy from this.
How can it be beneficial?
The third week is similar to the first two weeks, but differs greatly depending on the number of calories consumed. In this week the small meal is removed after lunch. This is because the body uses the energy from a heavy breakfast and the food becomes easier to digest. After this, the body can get energy again from a protein-rich dinner.
How can it be beneficial?
The fourth week of the keto diet plan requires eating high-fat, high-protein and low-carb foods. Weight loss can happen to a great extent in this week, as ketosis can help burn fat. This is the week when regular exercisers with a keto diet plan can benefit the most.
These were the week wise keto diet chart samples. Now it is the turn to know what else can be eaten in the keto diet.
What to eat in Keto Diet – Foods to Eat on the Keto Diet
- Green vegetables like spinach, cucumber, broccoli, sprouts, capsicum, mushroom, cabbage
- whole grains
- Nuts such as almonds, walnuts
- Olive oil
- variety of fruits
- plenty of water
In the next part of the article, know which foods should not be consumed in the keto diet plan.
What not to eat in Keto Diet – Foods to Avoid on the Keto Diet
Avoid consuming the foods mentioned below for keto diet for weight loss ( 7 ).
- Don’t drink alcohol.
- Stay away from soft drinks or soda drinks.
- Avoid consumption of fried foods.
- Do not eat outside food or junk food.
- Stay away from foods high in spices.
- Stay away from foods high in sodium.
- Do not consume processed meat.
Note: If a person is allergic to any food item in the keto diet chart, do not consume it. Consult a dietician or doctor about keto diet plan. Many things in the keto diet plan also depend on the age and health of the person. Therefore, it is better to consult a doctor before starting a keto diet plan.
In the next part of the article, know what kind of exercises and yoga can be beneficial for keto diet for weight loss.
Some exercises and yoga with keto diet for weight loss
If exercise or yoga is included in the keto diet plan for weight loss, then its effect can be seen more quickly. Also it is important to do them properly. Exercise or yoga can not only help reduce obesity, but can also help protect against other health problems ( 8 ) ( 9 ) ( 10 ) ( 11 ) ( 12 ).
Below we are giving information about some easy exercises and yoga to be done in four weeks. Difficult exercises can be done in the first three weeks, but keep in mind that in the fourth week, resort to light stretching yogasanas, because in the fourth week the person remains on liquid diet.
- Week 1 – Warmup + Jogging + Running + Jumping Jack + Jumping Rope
- Week 2 – Warmup + Jumping Rope + Squat + Push Up + Aerobics
- Week 3 – Warmup + Stair Climbing + Push Ups + Cardio
- Week 4 – Warmup + Yoga + Walking + Meditation or Meditation
Note: Before doing any exercise or yoga, definitely consult an expert. Also, do it only under the supervision of a specialist. Also, one can take expert advice regarding exercise or yoga according to his age and health.
Keto diet plan for weight loss can be a bit difficult for some people. Therefore, in this part of the article, we are giving some tips related to keto diet plan.
Some More Tips for Keto Diet – Other Tips for Keto Diet in Hindi
- There may be some problems in the beginning of the keto diet plan. You may feel like eating things you like. In such a situation, try to distract attention by focusing on things here and there.
- For better effect of keto diet plan, do regular exercise and yoga. If you want, you can also join gym or yoga center.
- Drink water regularly.
- Give rest to the body with keto diet plan.
- Lifestyle changes can also be made with a keto diet plan. Instead of eating out, it is better to eat home cooked food.
- Instead of going to a coffee shop for a cup of coffee and sandwiches, make coffee at home and eat a sandwich of eggs or green vegetables together.
- Eat food at the right time.
- From the beginning of Keto Diet Plan for Weight Loss, check the weight every day or every week and write it down. This will tell how much effect the keto diet for weight loss is having.
- Sleep at the right time and get up in the morning. Make sure that you get enough sleep.
Keto diet plan is not easy for everyone, as many things are prohibited in it. In such a situation, it may also have some disadvantages, about which information is being given in this part of the article.
Disadvantages of Keto Diet Plan – Keto Diet Plan Side Effect In Hindi
- nutritional deficiencies
- nausea or vomiting
- mood swings or irritability
After knowing the benefits of keto diet, many people would like to follow it. Before that, to try the keto diet plan, consult a dietitian about the keto diet chart. Also, if the Keto Diet Plan for Weight Loss is done properly, then its effect can be seen on the body in no time. Keep in mind that caution is necessary with the keto diet, as there are also disadvantages to the keto diet. Therefore, follow the keto diet plan as per the advice of the doctor or dietician. If you feel any discomfort during the diet, then immediately talk to the specialist about it. By following the keto diet plan, you must share your experience with us with the help of the comment box given below.
frequently asked Questions
Is Keto Diet Safe?
Yes, the keto diet is safe ( 5 ). However, it also depends on the age and health of the person whether the keto diet is safe for him or not. Therefore, it is better to consult your health expert regarding this.
How Much Weight Can I Lose By Following The Keto Diet?
If the keto diet plan is followed properly and exercise is done together, then up to 4.5 kg of weight can be lost in the first two weeks ( 7 ).
I’ve been on the keto diet for three weeks but haven’t lost any weight. Please help.
There can be many reasons for not losing weight on a low carb diet. Such as consuming low-carb foods in a day, eating too many fruits, not getting enough exercise, eating too much or too little protein-rich foods, eating too many chives every week, eating foods high in fat. Not only this, stress, hormonal imbalance and not getting enough sleep can also be the reason. Therefore, for at least three days, keep a note of your daily routine, what foods you are consuming throughout the day and other such small but important things at one place. Apart from this, you can talk to your doctor or dietician about this.
Can Epilepsy Patients Do Keto Diet?
Sometimes when other treatments have failed, doctors recommend a keto diet to children with epilepsy ( 7 ). If there is any epileptic patient in any person’s home, then definitely take the advice of the doctor before following the keto diet.
What is the right ketogenic diet plan for body building?
If a person is interested in body building, then first of all he has to reduce fat from the body. The keto diet plan mentioned above recommends consuming low carb, high fat and moderate amounts of protein. To reduce fat, one must first start with a 5-week ketogenic diet plan. Once the body starts burning fat and a lot of fat has been reduced, it is time to consume a high protein diet with vitamins, minerals and protein supplements (if necessary). Nevertheless, we would suggest that you first talk to your doctor, dietician or gym trainer about this. They can give better information according to the health of the person.
Can I follow a keto diet plan to lose weight after childbirth?
No, your baby will need nutrition right after delivery. Your baby will get the nutritious and complete food that you take. In such a situation, if you do not take the right and nutritious diet, then it can have an effect on your child. Therefore, eat enough protein, fat and carbs to keep your baby healthy. After a few months of delivery, consult your doctor to see if a ketogenic diet is right for you. Then choose the diet according to the doctor’s advice.
Can Consuming High Fat Foods Burn Fat?
Yes, keto diet plan includes good fats. It includes fats that are beneficial for health, such as monounsaturated fat ( 1 ) ( 2 ). Also, include omega-3 fatty acids in your daily diet. It may help keep the body healthy by controlling cholesterol levels ( 13 ).
Can alcohol be consumed during keto diet plan?
A small glass of wine can be consumed only once a week, but there is no scientific evidence for this. Therefore, it is better to consult a dietician or doctor about this. Stylecrase does not promote alcohol consumption.
Do I even need to take supplements?
If you are on a keto diet for the first time or are new to a low carb diet, you may feel weak. You may feel cramps in your muscles. In such a situation, you may need a supplement, but before consuming the supplement, talk to a nutritionist or doctor ( 1 ).
I am complaining of constipation. help please.
You should consume more fluids (water, fresh fruits such as berries) ( 5 ) ( 6 ). Eat more fiber rich foods. Fiber can not only help improve digestion, but can also relieve the discomfort of constipation ( 14 ) ( 15 ). If the problem worsens or persists for a long time, consult a doctor.
How can ketones be measured?
There are many tools on the market to measure ketones, such as Ketostix. You can buy them online or from medical stores. Read the instructions on the packet carefully before using it.
How many days will it take to enter ketosis phase?
If you exercise daily along with the consumption of a low-carb diet, you will enter the ketosis phase in a few days. If the keto diet plan is followed properly, 4.5 (10 lbs) kg can be lost in the first two weeks ( 7 ). It also largely depends on the daily routine of the person and what things he is consuming. When fat stored in the body starts converting into energy, ketones are released. This is called the ketosis phase.
I don’t get time to cook at home. So how can a low carb diet be followed?
- Stay away from high carb foods like cookies, cakes, pastries, pasta and bread.
- Do not consume canned and soda-containing beverages.
- If you are going out to eat, talk to the waiter or chef and explain your food needs.
- When going out for dinner or lunch with colleagues or friends, order low-carb foods like chicken, green vegetables and fruit juices.
- Stay away from foods high in spices.
Lastly we suggest you buy green vegetables, fruits. Wash them and cut them and keep them in ziplock bags before going out or office every day. Stay away from outside food and eat green vegetables salad or fruits when you are hungry. Apart from this, you can also keep chopped vegetables in the fridge for a day and when you come home, mix them with olive oil and lemon juice and consume them. You can also keep eggs boiled. With these things you can make your work easier.
Can a good amount of protein be consumed in a keto diet plan?
Is it normal to urinate a lot during Keto Diet Plan for Weight Loss?
Yes, this is normal during the keto diet. It has diuretic properties. In this diet, frequent urination comes in the first week, which can lead to weight loss ( 7 ). Frequent urination can be a sign of ketosis, which means that your body has entered the ketosis state. Therefore, keep in mind that you drink plenty of water or other beverages, so that there is no shortage of water in your body.
How To Replenish Electrolytes During Keto Diet For Weight Loss?
During the keto diet, water and electrolytes are released from the person’s body, so it is also necessary to replenish them. In this situation, a person can take magnesium and potassium supplements and multivitamin supplements. Drink two cups of soup daily, add a pinch of salt to your drinking water or detox drink. Keep in mind that if a person is suffering from high blood pressure, heart disease or diabetes, do not use salt. Apart from this, you can use low-sodium salts available in the market like light salts.
What is Keto Flu?
Keto flu is a characteristic sign of ketosis in the body. Keto flu can appear two to seven days after starting the keto diet plan. Its symptoms are as follows ( 19 ):
- vomiting or nausea
This may be due to sudden changes in diet.
How can I count carbs in a meal?
You can check online at the Nutrition Data website or use an online tool such as Fitness Pal to calculate the total carbs. Apart from this, as an alternative, you can choose low-carb ingredients in your diet by knowing about low-carb foods.
What is the Healthy Fat for Keto Diet Plan?
Below we are giving information about some healthy fat-rich foods, which you can consume. Healthy fats include mono-unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Its consumption may help reduce harmful cholesterol ( 20 ) ( 21 ).
- Olive oil
- flax seeds
- sunflower seed oil
What are the weight loss steps in keto diet plan?
If we talk about the phase of weight loss in keto diet plan, then according to the experience of people, there are usually three phases of weight loss in keto diet plan. Keep in mind that there is no scientific evidence about them. Therefore, we are telling about this on the basis of people’s experience.
Some of the three stages are as follows:
- Rapid weight loss stage – In this stage, maximum water weight will be reduced from the person’s body. This can be called the first phase of the keto diet plan.
- Keto-adaptation stage – In this stage the weight loss of a person can be stable. However, a person’s weight may also increase in this stage. In this stage, the body may experience a lack of sugar as a new energy source and energy. This can last for about a week.
- Complete keto-adaptation stage – In this stage the body learns to use ketones as the main energy source. In this stage, the body can burn more fat. This stage can start from the middle of the third week and last till the fourth week. During this time some people may also experience weight gain or no weight loss, but there is nothing to worry about. It is a natural process of gaining or losing weight. Keep in mind that you follow the diet properly and do regular exercise or yoga, so that the weight remains balanced.
Follow Us Social Media